Thursday 19 May 2011

Workshop 2 - 18/05/2011

Today was my second workshop at Wyke Regis and I was quite excited for todays lesson as it was the popcorn day and I knew the children would be excited. I worked with a different class today as the school wants all the year 5 students to be involved in making the costumes. 
I decided along with the teacher I was working with, that as we had so much to do today we should split the classroom up into separate work stations.

We had a table for cutting up the fabric for the collars:

A table for pinning the the fabric onto the collars:
These are the fabrics I cut up in preparation for today.
Some students pinning on and cutting the fabric to size for the collars.


Some of the students holding up there collars showing what they have done so far.



We had a station for stuffing the tentacles with newspaper:
We also had a section for making and stuffing the tentacles with popcorn:
Table for popcorn makers and finished tentacles
A student stuffing the tentacles with popcorn
I think the children enjoyed this session as there was some exciting activities and we made sure everyone got a turn at each table by getting the students to change tables every 10 minutes. However because I was working with a new class we had to introduce them to the project and this took a lot more time than expected. Unfortunately there was a lot of work that still needed doing so  I took all the collars home to attach fabric too and the school said they would fill the rest of the tentacles in art club. Even though I did not get done what I wanted in this session I really enjoyed it as the children were really enthusiastic and seemed to enjoy the tasks set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment