Saturday 26 March 2011

Meeting With The Carnival Organisers 24/3/11

We had a meeting with carnival organisers Sarah Colwell and Jo Gardener to pitch our ideas and discuss any ideas/changes that need to be made to our designs. Also present at the meeting to give feedback was Adele Keeley who is the tutor in charge of this unit and other costume and make up students.

The general information we got at the meeting which applied to me:
- At the schools we have 4 sesssions, 2 hours each.
- We need to think about what we would do in each of the 4 lessons and create lesson plans.
- We should only provide the children with one colour range.

Information and ideas for my designs:
- Stuff my tentacles with popcorn instead of newspaper, foam etc, as it will be fun and engaging for the children.
- Change the colour of my costume, maybe reds or oranges


This meeting was very useful and informative. The feedback that I received was generally positive, their was just a few small design alterations that I needed to consider. After this meeting I am feeling quite positive about what I am doing and think that as soon as I perfect the head cast of the Kraken I should not have many problems in creating the 20 costumes needed for the procession.
I think this meeting was also very useful as it gave me a chance to experience how to present my ideas to professionals and to get there feedback. It has helped me find confidence in terms of talking about my own work and getting across my ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment