Tuesday 29 March 2011

Lesson Plans and Budget

I have been assigned the school Wyke Regis to work with on the carnival costumes. As part of the project I have to figure out lesson plans for the days of my work shops. I will take into consideration the amount of time I have at the schools, what I will need to get done that day, the time and what I will have to do between each session and what I can prepare before hand. However the most important thing to take into consideration when doing my lessons plans would be keeping the children involved and active within the lessons and keeping them engaged enough to carry the project on throughout the four workshops.

These are the lesson plans I will be presenting to the school when I meet the teacher I will be working with.

Lesson Plans

I think my lesson plans will work well within the time given and allow me time to prepare for what is needed at the next session. I will need to work out the individual dates for my workshops with the teacher when I meet her at a future meeting in Weymouth. I have found doing lesson plans quite difficult but very useful as it has made me think and plan everything I will need for each session, which has helped me with my budget sheet as well. 


For my budget sheet I have to take into consideration everything I will need to purchase for my workshops and creating my 20 costumes. I have looked at multiple suppliers to figure out where I can get my items for cheapest price. I have calculated the amount pf everything to work out if it will fit into the budget and broken down the amount of everything into price per costume.

This is my budget sheet I will be sending to the carnival organisers to check if it is viable. I have not been able to include the price of plasterzote in this budget sheet as the organisers are paying for this separately as they can get a better price by ordering everyones together.

Budget Sheet.

I found doing the budget sheet really challenging as I needed to try and remember every little thing I needed to include, even if it was not very significant to the costumes. It was also very time consuming looking around the different suppliers, finding out the different prices and then figuring out the value for money. However saying this it was a useful thing to have to do because when working as a maker I do write budget sheets but I do not really have to think about staying within the budget as it is my costume and I will spend as much on it as needed, and the designer will tell you which fabric to use not thinking about the amount I will have to spend on it. With this I had to consider a professional budget and I think this experience will benefit me in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment