Thursday 24 March 2011

23/03/2011

I arranged a tutorial with Dexter to discuss how to make my ideas work in a 3D way. I wanted to know his opinion on how to construct the Kraken as this would help me when designing and working in the workshop. He told me to put the tentacles on a collar separate from the head piece instead of attaching them to the head of the Kraken. 
At the start of this meeting I was worried about how to construct the head and the tentacles, as one as it would not fit inside the vac-form in one piece but I wanted the tentacles to come from the neck. This tutorial has been very helpful as I now have a number of ideas on how to create the costume. It has made me think of different materials I could use and different ways to construct. I will carry on working on my designs but when I start to experiment with fabrics I will now know which will work best.

No comments:

Post a Comment