Saturday 19 March 2011

17/3/2011

As I had been unable to attend the first meeting about this project I attended the group meeting to get any general information I need about the project and look at the rest of the groups ideas and designs.
These are a few important notes and dates to remember:
  • 24th March, 10am, meeting with carnival co-ordinators to discuss ideas.
  • 6th April, 3.30pm, meeting in Weymouth with the carnival co-ordinators and the teacher from the school I will be working with.
  • £200 budget for each school/20 costumes to be made
  • Each class should all have pretty much the same designs/costumes
After this I had a personal tutorial to discuss my work/designs personally with Adele to get her ideas and views so far. These are notes I made about my designs specifically:
  • We decided to focus on my Kraken design
  • Cable ties could be used to represent the spikes, and they would go through the plasterzote easily
  • Could make the heads in two halves
  • Collect shells to stick on the costumes
  • Puff binder for texture - sample
  • Texture/barnacles
After having this tutorial I am feeling really positive about the project. I have decided on a design to work on and improve and I am happy with this design and already have ideas on where to progress. I think my initial designs were abit ambitious but through talking this through I now know how to tone down the ideas and make them work for a year 5 student. At this point I am feeling really positive about the project and cant wait to get 'kraken'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment