Wednesday 11 May 2011

Prepping for the next workshop....

As there was not time to finish all the tentacles I had to bring a load home with me, which had already been dyed but the strings needed cutting off. This was VERY time consuming as we told the children to tie them really really really really tight... and they listened! But after about 6+ hours of cutting the string I managed to get them all hung up ready to dry and this was very satisfying!
2 or 3 tentacles per peg!
I still need to source the popcorn for the next session but I told Hannah and Maria (another teacher working on MovingTides) that I was having problems with it and they suggested only stuffing a few of the tentacles with the popcorn and the rest with newspaper. This will work out better for me in a number of ways as it means I will be able to source it easier, I will not have to pre-make a load and get it to Weymouth as well as everything else and it will be better for the budget. I am a bit disappointed about this but I think it makes sense I just hope the carnival organisers wont be annoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment