Tuesday 26 April 2011

Over Easter.....

The work I set myself for over Easter was to have all my tentacles ready to tie dye at my first workshop. This meant I needed to draw on all the tentacles onto doubled up calico, cut them out, sew them together and turn them through. This whole process was very VERY time consuming.
I found when drawing on the tentacles it was better to draw on all the tentacles free hand rather than have a paper pattern for them. By doing it this way I could fit more tentacles on the fabric as I could work them around each other and they would be all different shapes and sizes which is what I wanted. Cutting the tentacles out and sewing them together was actually the least time consuming part of the whole process. Turning them through was the worst as it just took so long because obviously they were all curvy and I wanted to pull all the curves through before tie dying them so no parts were missed out.
Even though this whole process was really long and really tedious when it was finished I was so SO happy! I know it took me a lot longer than I anticipated but when I counted 160 tentacles words can not describe...

No comments:

Post a Comment