Saturday 12 March 2011

My Theme

I have decided to base the concept of my carnival costume on the theme 'Mythological Sea Creatures'. For initial research I looked at websites such as www.mythicalcreaturesguide.com and www.mythralthemystic.com and looked at images in books such as 'Fabulous Places of Myth'  by Robert Ingpen.
I found the websites very useful as they gave me a wider knowledge of what I was looking at and details of the myths behind the creatures. As I was looking through the images and reading the text I found myself getting ideas and inspiration for the shapes and characteristics of the creature that could inspire my costumes.
I did not find any books that were really very useful for my theme, the one I did find however had a few illustrations which inspired me greatly.

This is one image from the book 'Fabulous Places of Myth' which I thought was very inspiring. I liked the aggression in the image. I also thought that, from a child's point of view, they might want to make/wear something a bit more imaginative, where they could make the creature look as sinister and dark as they want.


No comments:

Post a Comment